Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Official!

It's official! After a long chat with Colleen, one of Big House's very patient producers, I'm ready to plunge into the world of voiceovers! I am officially a "talent."

I am fairly type-A, organized, and prone to long-term planning. While these traits serve me quite well as an editor and project manager, they can be something of a hurdle when trying to dissect something completely large and foreign. I had it in my head that I needed an entire home studio in place at the onset of this process, necessitating a large amount of money and technology. Thankfully, Colleen is also type-A and understood my need for order and a regimented plan. In our own little uptight language, we connected and I understood that this is a long-term process that no amount of planning will be able to rush. Over-planning, in this case, could have cost me money, contrary to how planning usually works. I could have ended up with the wrong technology for my needs, or eating interest on a small business loan. Instead, I'll pay in chunks, as the production process is a long one, anyway.

So, there. I'm launching a small business and satiating a desire to pursue a place in an industry that I've always wanted to, in one fell swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment